By P. David Marshall,Sean Redmond
- Offers a close, systematic, and transparent presentation of all features of star reviews, with a constitution that conscientiously construct its enquiry
- Draws at the most up-to-date scholarly advancements in big name analyses
- Presents new and provocative methods of exploring celebrity’s meanings and textures
- Considers the innovative ways that new social media have impacted at the creation and intake of celebrity
Read or Download A Companion to Celebrity PDF
Similar popular culture books
Loopy tradition is a chain of broadsides opposed to many extensively held misconceptions in either academe and most people, who's usually visible clustering lower than the politically right banner of multiculturalism. Heinegg confronts the thought that every one culture—especially that of non-westerners and oppressed minorities—is one way or the other strong in itself and that outsiders haven't any correct to criticize or condemn any cultures other than their very own.
James Whale’s Frankenstein (1931) spawned a phenomenon that has been rooted in international tradition for many years. This cinematic Prometheus has generated numerous sequels, remakes, rip-offs, and parodies in each media, and this granddaddy of cult videos continuously renews its fans in each one new release. in addition to an in-depth severe interpreting of the unique 1931 movie, this ebook tracks Frankenstein the monster’s heavy cultural tread from Mary Shelley’s resource novel to today’s web chat rooms.
For greater than a decade Judith Newton has been on the leading edge of defining and selling materialist feminist feedback. beginning Over brings jointly a variety of her essays that chart the institution of feminist literary feedback within the academy and its relation to other kinds of cultural feedback, together with Marxist, post-Marxist, new historicist, and cultural materialist methods, in addition to cultural reports.
This is as a lot the tale of Indian advertisements because it is ready India. advert veteran Ambi Parameswaran appears to be like at how advertisements has advanced, reflecting the country's tradition, politics and economic climate within the final fifty years. From sartorial flavor and nutrients conduct to marriage and outdated age, song and language to celebrities and censorship, Ambi examines over 100 advertisements to research how the Indian customer has replaced long ago 5 a long time and the way ads and society have formed one another.
- Comics Art in China
- The Structure of Schooling: Readings in the Sociology of Education
- Virtue or Virtuosity?: Explorations in the Ethics of Musical Performance (Contributions to the Study of Music and Dance)
- The Coltrane Church: Apostles of Sound, Agents of Social Justice
Additional info for A Companion to Celebrity