By Siobhán Collins
Read or Download Bodies, Politics and Transformations: John Donne's Metempsychosis (Literary and Scientific Cultures of Early Modernity) PDF
Best british & irish poetry books
Exploring the complicated dating among aesthetic adventure and private id in Larkin's paintings, this ebook supplies shut and unique readings of 3 significant poems ('Here', 'Livings' and 'Aubade'), and overlooked yet very important issues (Larkin and the supernatural, Larkin and Flaubert).
In Robert Southey , Andrews argues that Robert Southey's denunciation of world Catholicism is key to realizing his existence, works, and occasions. in this factor, Southey was once completely constant in all his paintings and the Poet Laureate's partisan rhetoric unearths a lot concerning the spiritual tradition of this stormy interval in England.
First released in 1998, this identify presents for the reader of the well known metaphysical poet and flesh presser a worthy reference and source quantity. it's a compendium of worthwhile details for any reader of Andrew Marvell, together with an important biographical fabric, old contextualisation, and information about his life’s paintings.
The Poems and Prose continues to be of Arthur Hugh Clough –Volume IXArthur Hugh Clough, english poet and an educationalist (1819-1864)This e-book provides «The Poems and Prose is still of Arthur Hugh Clough –Volume IX», from Arthur Hugh Clough. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy chosen.
- The Verse Revolutionaries: Ezra Pound, H.D. and The Imagists
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight: In a Modern English Version with a Critical Introduction
- Postcolonial Overtures: The Politics of Sound in Contemporary Northern Irish Poetry (Irish Studies)
- Twentieth-Century Blake Criticism: Northrop Frye to the Present: Volume 7 (Routledge Library Editions: William Blake)
- Paradise Lost
- The Complete Poetical Works of Robert Buchanan
Additional resources for Bodies, Politics and Transformations: John Donne's Metempsychosis (Literary and Scientific Cultures of Early Modernity)